- Created: 22 March 2020 22 March 2020
The plans for Learning at Home have now been uploaded to our Parents Page. Please just click on the Parents tab at the top of the page. There will be new plans added each week.
Take a look at the Colchester SSP Twitter page. They are going to be uploading personal challenges and videos for pupils and their families to do on a weekly basis, using things that they can find at home. There is already a Circuit that they can do.
- Created: 20 March 2020 20 March 2020
School Plans for Key Workers who require school childcare
If you have been informed by the schools that you meet the criteria of critical keyworkers the arrangements are outlined below:
• Due to the reduction in numbers, all children will come to the junior school, we will be closing the infant building during this period.
• If you already use our before or after school provision this will continue to operate.
• At drop off times your child’s temperature may be taken to ensure that they are not showing any symptoms – depending on numbers this may take a little more time so be mindful of this when dropping off.
• Teachers and some LSAs will operate a rolling teaching staff – our focus will be on ensuring the children are kept safe and happy. We will continue to ensure some learning takes place but this will not be at our usual service or curriculum offer. Our role has changed, we are providing child care for critical workers.
• The office team will be based in the junior building, all telephone calls must be via the junior telephone number 01206 577608. DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES ON THE INFANT ANSWERING MACHINE.
• Children will be expected to be in their full school uniform and they will need their PE kits as we will aim to offer a range of different activities such as gardening, forest school, dance etc.
• Depending on numbers and staffing levels we can review whether we are able to offer childcare for keyworkers on a day to day basis which fits shift patterns etc during the school day – more details will follow next week.
School Plans for non-key workers who cannot access the school childcare
• A letter was sent out at the beginning of the week outlining plans for closure, this will still apply. Learning will be set each Monday and published on our schools websites. Children have already been sent home with an exercise book.
• Year group emails have been set up and you have already been sent these. A reminder that they will be monitored during the normal school day 9-3:30pm.
• Staff will continue to update you with useful links and potential ideas to complement your Home Learning and they’ll be keen to hear about how they are getting on.
- Created: 18 March 2020 18 March 2020